This year I have more time to focus back to me, my role as a woman, a daughter, a sister, an aunt and a god-mother... but this year, my role expands also to include wife, daughter-in-law, and sister-in-law. To be honest, not much has changed aside from the official titles being added to my resume but a lot has changed too.
Towards the end of 2010, I have tried to take on some new domestic duties not because I was expected to (b/c nobody expected it) but because I wanted to. Learning to make some of Husband's Favorite foods, snacks and treats and also making sure he doesn't walk out the door looking like a mess. Realizing that now I am not just I but a "We" and that we reflect on our individual selves as well as our couple selves... I have and continue to try to make this a priority.
So now that 2011 is officially here, I do have continuing resolutions as well as new ones...
- Exercise - focusing more on things i don't like to do and trying to make them enjoyable
- Get Healthy - eating right and trying to create healthy habits
- Be Positive - trying to re-focus on the positive and being a happy person
- Patience - realizing that my way is not the only way and having patience with those who do things differently.
- Get back to me. Time to remind myself of all the life's lessons i've learned and apply them to my new roles.
- Set priorities. I need to re-set my priorities and create new approaches to effectively carrying them out
- Set Boundaries. Learn when to say "no" or be honest when I know I need help or have hit a wall. Some things just don't need further pursuing and realizing that is not failure since not all things are left in my hands. i can only do what I can do... I must not try to do everybody's job for them.
- Get more opinionated. It's ok to disagree. I need to learn to not try to sugar coat words and just say things for what they are. Learn that honesty could hurt but not always be a bad thing.
- Speak my mind but carefully choose my words.
- Try to practice what I "preach"
- How to Sew.
- How to knit.
- Learn to be craftier or more creative.
- Improve my baking and culinary skills
- Learn how to throw things away. No more pack rat.
- Learn time management.
What goals have you set? Does anything help you define what resolutions have become a priority in your life that are the same or different than in year's past?