Walk the Aisle in Style: 4 Weeks of Giveaways!
Sweeps Info: ENTER TO WIN the "Walk the Aisle in Style" Sweeps sponsored @BarneysNY & @Shopstyle. Each week for the next four weeks, enter to win something old, new, borrowed or blue from Barneys NY!
This week we are giving away these STUNNING Olivia Collings earrings!
To enter, please visit:
Win a pair of Olivia Collings earrings in our "Walk the Aisle in Style" Sweeps! BarneysNY & ShopStyle
TWEET: BarneysNY Barneys New York
WIN! Walk the Aisle in Style w/@BarneysNY & @shopstyle. Each wk for 4 wks enter to win something old+new+borrowed+blue!http://bit.ly/ecamAf
♥♥♥♥♥♥Who may participate: Engaged couples who are 18 years or older and will be married on or between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2012
The Best Bridal Shower Gift Ever Giveaway
The Best Bridal Shower Gift Ever Giveaway
Registration duration: May 23 – June 27
How to enter: To register, participants must “like” the Thomasville page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/Thomasville); the registration form is available on the page’s Home Sweet Home tab
2010 HONEYMOON STATISTICS RELEASED BY THE KNOT
-- 3rd Annual Survey of More Than 12,000 Honeymooners Reveals Luxury Honeymoon Choices,
Top Honeymoon Destinations and In-Depth Insight Into Honeymoon Budget and Trends --
1. Estimated Number of Honeymooners: 1.4 million U.S. couples per year
2. Cost of a Honeymoon: $4,466, on average
3. Honeymoon Length: 8 days, on average (excluding travel time)
4. Who’s Paying: 62% of couples pay for most (at least 90%) of their honeymoon on their own
5. When They Book the Honeymoon: 4 months before the wedding date, on average
6. Most Popular “International” Destinations (% of overall honeymooners): Mexico (15%), Hawaii (12%), Jamaica (7%), The Bahamas (5%), Italy (5%), St. Lucia (5%), France (3%), U.S.V.I. (3%)
7. Most Popular Continental U.S. Destinations (% of overall honeymooners): Florida (8%), California (5%), Nevada (3%)
8. Luxury Honeymooners: represent 15% of the market and spend more than $7,000
9. Most Popular Luxury Honeymoon Destination Region (% of luxury honeymooners): Europe (28%), Caribbean (21%), Hawaii (18%), South Pacific (11%)
What Honeymooners Look For
* Sun, sand and surf not a necessity (18% consider it a top 3 honeymoon feature)
* 20% visit theme parks
* Sun, sand and surf MUCH more important (48% consider it a top 3 honeymoon feature)
* 41% visited more than one locale (almost 2 times more likely compared with domestic honeymooners)
KEY 2010 HONEYMOON TRENDS
Majority of Honeymooners Are Not Affected by the Economy. A majority of couples (60%) did not scale back their honeymoon budget because of the economy. In fact, 1 in 4 couples spent more than they originally budgeted, and 21% spent more than $6,000 on their total honeymoon. In addition, 12% of couples are registering for their honeymoon, and 20% use travel rewards toward their honeymoon.
“Couples today remain committed to planning a luxurious, unforgettable honeymoon and are willing to spend despite the state of the economy,” added Carley Roney, editor in chief of The Knot Inc. “In fact, 3 in 5 couples are booking extras on their honeymoon, and 25% spent more than they had originally budgeted.”
Luxury Honeymooners Spend Approximately $10,000. Nationwide, luxury honeymooners spend an average of $9,954 on their honeymoon, and approximately 1 in 4 reside in New York or California. They honeymoon for an average of 11 days, and a majority (64%) visit more than one locale.
The Continental U.S. Surpasses the Caribbean for the First Time. The number of couples honeymooning in the continental U.S. has increased – 30% in 2010 vs. 26% in 2009 – surpassing the Caribbean as a honeymoon destination region (28% in 2010 vs. 31% in 2009) for the first time. Top domestic honeymoon locales include Walt Disney World/Orlando, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Miami and the Florida Keys.
Couples Increasingly Planning on Their Own. Self-directed booking dominates, with 47% of couples booking their lodging directly with a vendor and 21% using a third-party online travel site. While couples are decreasingly using travel agents to book lodging (28% in 2010 compared with 34% in 2009), more than half of honeymooners are booking a portion of their honeymoon online. In fact, 9% of honeymooners use a mobile app with their planning, and 2% book lodging on online deal-of-the-day websites like WeddingChannel.com Deals, Groupon and Jetsetter.
On Facebook While Honeymooning. Honeymooners don’t take a vacation from social media or mobile devices. Nearly half of couples (48%) visit Facebook while on their honeymoon, and approximately 1 in 5 couples (19%) use a mobile app during that time.
Only 1 in 4 Couples Go on Their Dream Honeymoon. Despite the increase in domestic honeymoons, only 9% of domestic honeymooners consider the continental U.S. their “dream” honeymoon destination. The top “dream” honeymoon destination overall is Europe, followed by the South Pacific and then Hawaii.